Purchasing luxury/designer footwear can be daunting. Deciding on colours, styles, sizes etc can take time and you don’t want to make a mistake. I’d like to think this post might be useful for you (if you are looking to own a pair of Gucci Ace sneakers) as I’m going to cover things I looked into before buying my own pair, some of which I didn’t particularly find answers to until buying my own. It goes without saying (but I’m saying it anyway so here we go), everything in this post is my own opinion, how I have found ordering online, fit and sizing of the sneakers. You might fair differently, but I wanted to share my experience incase you find it useful.

Why Gucci Ace and how did I decide on the style?

I am the first to admit that I don’t make a habit of wearing trainers. I own a few pairs of Nike and one pair of Adidas, but I would only wear them for exercising (lol) or running errands. I wanted a pair that I could wear shopping, out and about and with casual looks, still feeling put together. Over the last few months I have purchased a few pairs of Gucci loafers (see posts here and here) so I’ve spent more time looking at Gucci footwear recently than I’d care to admit. I almost ordered a pair around the middle of last year but didn’t, panicking last minute that they wouldn’t suit my style. I decided a few weeks ago that I would order a pair online, with the intention of getting them out of my head one way or another. I’d either fall in love and keep them or send them straight back and never give them a second thought again.

There are quite a few different designs to choose from but there was only one for me. I love the red hearts, they are so cute and I’ve adored them ever since I first saw them. I did consider the version without the hearts (I think the ones with a bee design are really nice), but my heart (get it?) was set on these beauties! There are quite a few options though, so make sure you have a good look around when choosing your own. I have linked mine below along with a few other styles and variations and I purchased mine here*. I wouldn’t think too much into it, just go for the style you are most drawn to as you are a lot less likely to get bored of them that way. I did wonder whether the hearts would be too distracting or busy with my clothes, but they look great with everything I’ve tried with them so far.

As you can see from the below image, the backs are odd (one red, one green) which I quite like as it’s different. They also have a style with white, softer backs which can be worn folded down (a bit like a pair of slippers). They have the usual Gucci stripe down the side of both shoes and plain white laces.

How do they fit?

This was the part that stressed me out because I was ordering online and therefore guessing my size. I’d never tried on a pair in store which I don’t really recommend (as I essentially guessed), so if you get chance to please try some sizes on in a store! Even if you have no intention of buying that day, it’s still best to know what size you will need. This way if you see a pair online, that dream pair that you have been lusting over and today is the day, then you know what size to pop into your basket.

I didn’t do that (because I’m an idiot), which led me to placing two separate orders. I guessed at my size, choosing the same size as I am in most of my Gucci leather Jordaan and Brixton loafers. They arrived and I couldn’t understand why they were so roomy, I could have easily made do with that size but making do is not ideal when you are spending this amount of money on them. I ordered half a size smaller that day (arriving the following day) and they are perfect! So to recap, I’m half a size smaller in these than I am in Gucci loafers (these are one full size smaller than any other pair of trainers I own and my usual UK shoe size). The Gucci Ace sneakers are fairly wide fitting, so if you have a wider foot I think these will be great. My feet are quite narrow, but I’m still really comfortable in them as you can lace them as tight as you need to (although I don’t mind wearing them more relaxed).

If you are ordering online I would recommend checking out Gucci’s website (even if you place your order elsewhere). They have a size guide which suggests going half a size smaller than your usual Gucci shoe size, which worked for me (once I re-ordered that is as I didn’t consult this first time around). I have spoken to a few women who have varied in their Gucci sneaker sizes (compared to their usual non Gucci shoe size). Some stayed at their true size, some half a size down and some a full size down (like me) or more! So unfortunately it might not be as straight forward as guessing your size. One thing to bare in mind is that leather in theory will stretch over time, so if you think a pair you try on are roomy, you might want to take a smaller size. Mine are the smallest pair of shoes I own (by half a size), so I would say Gucci sneakers definitely run big.

If you are really looking to personalise your Gucci Ace Sneakers, you can order patches from the Gucci website (they clip on and off, attaching at the laces I believe, although I don’t have any myself). Of course this comes at an extra cost, but it’s one way of making yours unique to your style should you want to.

I think that’s everything! As I have only recently purchased mine, I will do an updated post in a few months if I feel like anything else needs mentioning. If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you for reading!

SHOP THE POST*
(AND SIMILAR STYLES)

This post contains some affiliate links (marked with *). For more information please see disclaimer.

23 Comments

1. Jools
    April 5, 2018 / 6:50 pm

Thanks so much,
    This was really helpful as I ordered a pair today and had heard so many different stories about how much to size down ๐Ÿ™‚

Have you worn yours yet? are they comfortable x

• Emily
      Author
      April 5, 2018 / 7:26 pm

Hi! Thank you so much for your comment, so glad you liked this post ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes I have and I find them really comfortable! x

2. Marie
    October 2, 2018 / 5:06 am

Hi!
    I was just wondering what size are your Brixtons and your Aces exactly?
    I have the Brixtons now so I’m deciding what size to get for the sneakers. ๐Ÿ˜

• Emily
      Author
      October 2, 2018 / 9:41 pm

Hi! Brixtons are a IT 39.5, Ace are a IT 39, so I size down by half a size for the sneakers compared to the loafers. Hope that helps, thanks for your comment!

3. October 13, 2018 / 1:33 pm

I usually take UK40 in shoes, and I also have slim feet. My Gucci trainers vary in size: 39 if I donโ€™t wear socks and 39.5 with socks. Just purchased a pair of black leather Jordaans and 39.5 feel about right.
    Thanks for the post as itโ€™s helped me make my mind up regarding which size to purchase.

• Emily
      Author
      October 14, 2018 / 6:40 pm

Hi! That’s great! So glad you found this post useful, thank you for leaving a comment. Enjoy your new purchase ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Carrie
    November 4, 2018 / 5:34 am

Ok so what if I donโ€™t have any Gucci shoes at all yet? Lol Iโ€™m usually a 7.5-8 in most shoes and have wide feet and do not have a store close. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you!

• Emily
      Author
      November 4, 2018 / 10:20 am

Hi! I have narrow feet and Iโ€™m a full size smaller in Gucci sneakers compared to my usual UK shoe size, so for me they run big. I ordered online and chose half a size down originally but they were roomy so I returned them and ordered the whole size down. Thanks for your comment ๐Ÿ™‚

• Helen Lynas
      December 10, 2018 / 9:07 pm

Carrie have u ordered these, im debating getting a pair of gucci trainers for my daughter for xmas, shes a uk7, after reading loads of comments i dont know whether to order a 6 or a 6.5.

5. Georgia
    December 7, 2018 / 5:44 pm

Hiya! So let me get this straight, In Nike & other branded trainers I am usually size UK5 which on Gucci website shows as 37.5 (usually UK5 is 40.0) does this mean that the half size is already accounted for or should I get a uk4.5 which shows as a 37? Sorry to be a pain.

• Emily
      Author
      December 20, 2018 / 9:13 pm

Hi! I am half a size smaller in Gucci sneakers compared to Gucci loafers (a full size smaller than other brands) ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Laura
    January 6, 2019 / 5:18 pm

Hello! Iโ€™ve just got my first pair of ace trainers in a size 36.5. I generally take a size 5 or 4.5 if somewhere offers half sizes. Iโ€™m so undecided if I should have gone for the four. The 3.5 doesnโ€™t feel small but I wondered if there has been any give in your trainers?

Thanks!

• Emily
      Author
      February 7, 2019 / 12:36 pm

Hi! They stretched out a little pretty quickly (first wear). I wouldn’t say they have particularly changed since then, so for me going smaller on the size was the right choice ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for your comment!

7. January 21, 2019 / 9:11 pm

Heya! Iโ€™m actually American. When You got those sneakers and wore them around did you get a lot of compliments, and if so, what were they? Also, how does the leather feel on the outside, and what are your opinions on the laces? I just want to know because Iโ€™m buying them real soon. Thanks, Julia.

• Emily
      Author
      February 7, 2019 / 12:45 pm

Hi! I really enjoy wearing them, they are comfortable, the leather is very soft (inside and out) and the laces are quite soft/seem good quality too. I tend to tuck the laces in a lot (as worn in my photos). Thanks for your comment ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Michelle
    February 11, 2019 / 5:56 am

Hi Emily!

Iโ€™m looking to purchase the ace trainers and is still having trouble with the sizing ๐Ÿ™ I wear size 35 in the Gucci espadrilles and it shows that I would be a 34 in the ace trainers but after reading your post about only going half a size down Iโ€™m not too sure.

• Emily
      Author
      February 11, 2019 / 9:42 am

Hi! I can only advise you by what fitted me – I went half a size down from my Gucci loafers (a full size down from any other pair of trainers I own). As I wrote in my post I tried two sizes in the end to make sure I got it right. Thanks for your comment! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Chung
        August 3, 2019 / 7:46 am

I wear a 7.5 womenโ€™s in adidas and donโ€™t know what size to get for the Gucci ace sneaker. Not sure which size will fit best for me

• Emily
          Author
          October 20, 2019 / 1:20 pm

I would recommend using Gucci’s online size chart. If possible the best option would be to try on a few pairs in store ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Katie
    April 16, 2019 / 3:26 pm

Hi Emily! Really good job on the review and suggestions! I decided I want to purchase my first pair of Gucci ace sneakers and I am torn between the classic ones and the bee ones. Fell in love immediately when I saw your review with the heart ones but unfortunately when I tried them on they wouldn’t survive on a corporate environment casual Friday :/ On that note would you choose the bee or the classic?
    Regarding the size I normally wear 38 or 39 in all shoes, tried both IT37 and IT37.5 and IT37 was a little too tight in the front, even though my feet are really slim. IT37.5 was spacey, which one would you take? Thanks!

• Emily
      Author
      October 20, 2019 / 1:35 pm

Hello! Thank you so much. I know what you mean as the Hearts design are quite fun. Between the Bee and classic style I really think it’s up to you. I would probably go for the Bee if I had to choose, but they really are all lovely. Regarding sizing, it’s hard to say as mine never felt ‘too tight’ (they felt just right). I would maybe go for the 37.5 as long as they don’t feel huge! Thank you for your comment ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Sammie Lukaskiewicz
    July 7, 2019 / 10:21 pm

Do you wear socks with yours? And if so, what kind?

• Emily